February 20, 2009

Cream Cheese Spritz Cookies

My friend Brook gave me these cookies for Valentines - 8 of them, to be exact. Guess how many cookies the rest of my family got? ZERO. They were THAT good. Oh, and she dipped them in white chocolate with coarse sugar sprinkles. I don't own a cookie press, so I borrowed hers, and now a cookie press is on my "to get" list.

1 cup butter (softened)
3 ounces cream cheese (softened)
1 cup granulated sugar
1 egg yolk
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon lemon or almond extract (I use almond)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
Beat butter and cream cheese well. Add remaining ingredients and mix well (I added some red food coloring to make the cookies pink). Add dough to cookie press, press on to UNGREASED cookie sheet (I'm sure if you don't own a cookie press you could put small flattened balls onto a sheet (about 1/2" thick). Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes or until light brown just barely around the edges. Cool for 2 minutes on pan, and remove to cooling rack. Cool completely before dipping in chocolate, or serve just as they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Nothing would be more tiresome than eating and drinking if God had not made them a pleasure as well as a necessity.
-Voltaire

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Visitors