May 18, 2010

Quick Cornbread

This was nearly as easy as making cornbread from a box.  And to think I've spent all this money on "Jiffy" cornbread, when I can make it in a jiffy myself.  Just a note, this is not my favorite homemade corn bread (hmmmm....have I posted that recipe yet? I'll get to that).  It's not a dessert corn bread, but it is just what I needed for a quick cornbread, which I used to make cornbread croutons for a salad I'm going to tell you about soon.  Tastes just like the kind you make from a box.
Here are the croutons I made (recipe coming soon, along with a great salad!):

1 c. flour (can use wheat)
1 c. cornmeal
1/3 c. sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. kosher salt or coarse ground salt
2 eggs
3/4 c. milk
1/2 c. vegetable oil

Mix wet ingredients in separate bowl.  Sift dry ingredients together.  Combine wet & dry ingredients with quick strokes of a spoon until incorporated.  Pour batter into greased 9x9x2 pan.  Bake at 400 for 22 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Nothing would be more tiresome than eating and drinking if God had not made them a pleasure as well as a necessity.
-Voltaire

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Visitors