August 27, 2008

Chunky Junk Cookies

This the recipe I was talking about, "World's Best Cookie"... (thanks Em, I got this recipe from the cookbook you gave me) I had to give it a go. I renamed them. They are delicious, and the dough is especially inviting. However, I do have a thing for old fashioned milk chocolate chip cookies, and I believe I have the best recipe. This is a good one though, and I will try it again sometime. They are chunky, have lots of junk in them, and they are especially great for lovers of salty and sweet! Let me know what you think!

1 c. butter
1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
1 egg
1 c. veg. oil
1 c. oats (quick or reg)
1 c. crushed corn flakes (yes. this recipe has corn flakes in it)
1/2 c. shredded coconut
1/2 c. chopped walnut
3.5 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 325. Cream butter and sugars until fluffy. Add egg, mix well. Add oil, mix. Add cereal and nuts. Mix. Add remaining ingredients. Form into walnut sized balls (I use melon scooper) and flatten with fork on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 12 minutes (do not over cook). Cool on wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. I also added some choc. chip cookies to some of the dough, and that was nice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Nothing would be more tiresome than eating and drinking if God had not made them a pleasure as well as a necessity.
-Voltaire

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Visitors