My son and I were making my mom's banana bread recipe recently when we decided to add butterscotch chips to the batter. It was the best decision ever. Butterscotch and banana might just be my new favorite food combination. Take a bite of these muffins and you'll know why!
4 mashed bananas
1/2 cup butter
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
4 cups flour
2 - 3 cups butterscotch chips
1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
Bake @ 350 - 16-18 minutes
Makes 36 muffins or 2 loaves
1. Mash bananas.
2. Cream butter and sugar.
3. Beat in eggs.
4. Add baking soda, nutmeg, salt, and vanilla.
5. Add 1 cup flour. Mix.
6. Add 1/4 of mashed bananas. Mix.
7. Alternate mixing in flour and bananas until you've added it all.
8. Mix in butterscotch and chocolate chips.
9. Fill muffin tins 2/3 full.
10. Bake @ 350 for 16-18 minutes.
11. Enjoy the most amazing muffins around!