September 21, 2010

Lucifer's Luscious Brownies

There's a reason these are called the devil's brownies.  Make them, and just see if they don't make you want to sell your soul for just one more.  These are my kind of brownie.  VERY chocolatey, with a hint of toffee crunch and sweet frosting.  Not a cake-like brownie, but very fudgie and chewy.  This recipe makes an entire jelly roll pan, so you have enough to feed your entire extended family, or to freeze them in individual portions so you can have a brownie with every meal (not that I know anyone who would do that....). 
*In addition to the toffee crunch bits, I added chopped walnuts to some of mine*
8 eggs
2 teaspoons salt
2 cups of unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 cups cocoa powder
4 cups sugar
4 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups flour
1/2 C. Chopped Toffee (I used Heath Toffee bits)

Beat eggs with a mixer in a large bowl. Then add sugar, salt, vanilla and beat for 1 minute.

Add melted butter and blend. In another bowl, mix flour and cocoa with a whisk until well blended.

Add flour mixture to egg mixture and mix until well combined.

Spread onto a well-greased jelly roll pan (12 x 17) and bake at 350 degrees for  about 22-25 minutes (check with a toothpick, you want to see a few moist crumbs, but not batter, when you pull it out). Cool for 15 minutes and spread with frosting.

Frosting
4 cups powdered sugar
2 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup cocoa
milk (no more than 1/2 c.)
1/2 c. Heath Toffee Crunch bits
Walnuts (optional)

Blend powdered sugar, butter, and cocoa along with enough milk to make the frosting a spreadable consistency (I used about 1/3 cup). Just add a tablespoon at a time after 1/3 c., until it is soft enough to spread.  Spread over the brownies after they had cooled for 15 minutes. Keep spreading as the frosting melts making it even on the brownies. Sprinkle with toffee bits (and walnuts if desired).  Allow brownies to continue to cool (I placed my jelly roll pan on a wire rack and let it sit for about 2 hours).

Hint: cut your brownies with a plastic knife! Makes it so much easier and less messy!

4 comments:

  1. your killing me, those look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. K Heidi, I made these today for Scrap booking. Put a couple of candles in them for Gloria's and Britney's birthday. YUM! How do you stay skinny with recipes like these?! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so excited when I got to Laurie's and saw brownies that looked just like these! I hoped they were the ones I just read about on your blog! YUMMMMM! They were definitely temptingly evil!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I had died and gone to heaven when Laurie made these at scrappin!!! AMAZING!! So glad I happened to be in town. My kind of brownies too! Just copied down the recipe & I don't even cook! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Nothing would be more tiresome than eating and drinking if God had not made them a pleasure as well as a necessity.
-Voltaire

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Visitors