October 11, 2010

Soft & Cakey Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

While I'm on a pumpkin kick (I couldn't just let me leftover pumpkin from my pumpkin chocolate chip bread go to waste!), I thought I'd share (or re-share) a yummy pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe.  It's quick and delicious, with just the right amount of pumpkin spice to chocolate chip ratio.  Freezes well too, so you can make some now, and make some when you need a sugar rush after Halloween.
1 c. butter flavored shortening (1 stick)
1 c. sugar
1 c. canned pumpkin
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla

Cream above ingredients together.

1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt

Sift dry ingredients and combine with creamed mixture.

Add 6 oz. (half a regular-sized bag) of your favorite chocolate chips
Mix well, roll into balls, place on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Yields 3 dozen.

2 comments:

  1. anything with pumpkin sounds good to me! These look so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were really good, but required a total 16 minutes of cooking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Nothing would be more tiresome than eating and drinking if God had not made them a pleasure as well as a necessity.
-Voltaire

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Visitors