January 21, 2011
¼ C. olive oil
1 ½ lb small red potatoes w/ skins, cut into quarters
½ lb green beans, halved crosswise
1 sweet read pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 12 slices
1 t. salt
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 ¼ lbs total)
2 T. fresh lemon juice (about ½ a ripe lemon)
¼ t. black pepper
2 T. finely chopped fresh parsley
6 C chopped romaine or green leaf lettuce
1. In large roasting pan, pour 2 T olive oil. Place pan in oven while heating to 425°. When oven is heated, add potatoes, green beans and sweet pepper to hot oil in roasting pan. Season w/ ¾ t salt; toss to coat potatoes.
2. Return roasting pan to 425° oven and roast vegetables for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender and vegetables are browned.
3. Meanwhile, in large skillet, bring enough lightly salted water to cover chicken to simmering. Add chicken breast halves; simmer just until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove chicken to cutting board; let stand 5 minutes. Cut into small pieces.
4. In large bowl, whisk together the remaining olive oil, lemon juice, remaining salt and the pepper. Add vegetables, chicken and parsley; gently toss to evenly coat all the ingredients.
5. Divide lettuce among 6 bowls or plates. Top with chicken & vegetable mixture. Serve warm.
Nothing would be more tiresome than eating and drinking if God had not made them a pleasure as well as a necessity.