February 28, 2011

Bran Bud Breadsticks

I know bread.  You can see from the amount of bread recipes I post here.  This bread is exceptional, and has been a long-time favorite from my growing-up days (have those ended?)... My mom got it from her Alpha Chi Omega days, and I have been the proud recipient of her legacy (not the sorority legacy).
This is one of my very favorite breads.  It's slightly sweet, and very soft.  So hard to resist one more bite (and I rarely do). I make it in my large breadstick pan, but you can roll it out into several small loaf pans, or your own breadsticks.  This goes perfect with soup or salad, and is very filling.

1 c. warm water
1 TBS. yeast
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. All Bran "bran buds" (little pellets)
1 can evaporated milk
4.5 c. all purpose flour

Mix yeast, sugar and water and wait about 10 minutes or until frothy.  Add Bran Buds and evaporated milk.  Stir in flour by hand until well incorporated.  Let rise until doubled (about 1 hour).  Roll into greased breadstick pan.  Let rise until doubled (about 1 hour).  Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.  Brush with melted butter.
makes a FABULOUS grilled cheese sandwich.

1 comment:

  1. yum! i want to make this today. i actually have bran buds:) wish you were going to be in UT this weekend. we're excited to see the fam.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Nothing would be more tiresome than eating and drinking if God had not made them a pleasure as well as a necessity.
-Voltaire

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Visitors