March 1, 2011

Tish's No Bake Chocolate Eclair Cake

Let me be honest here.  A friend of mine recently made this for a monthly recipe group I attend, and when she brought it in, I (snobbishly) thought to myself - eeeeww! That looks nasty!  Then I read the ingredients and was even more appalled.  I should have known that my friend, who is actually an amazing cook, would not bring something to a recipe exchange that was gross.   It's no secret - I like gourmet food.  I like to make it (sometimes), I like to eat it (all the time), and this recipe does NOT darn well fit into that category.  Look at the ingredients, for crying out loud!  Boxed pudding mix? Cool Whip? Store bought everything?! You betcha.  This little ditty can be whipped up in under 10 minutes (not counting the time you need to refrigerate it), and tastes reeeeealllllllly good.  I don't care what people say, this is a keeper.  And, it gets better the next day.   So, this is my formal apology, Tish, I will never judge your food again - until after I taste it :).
(makes 1 9x13 pan which will serve at least 12 people)

2 pkgs. instant vanilla pudding (sm. size)
3 1/4 c. milk
1 large tub whipped topping, thawed
1 box graham crackers (3 packages)
1 can store bought chocolate frosting (not creamy supreme)

Pour pudding mix in mixing bowl and beat in the milk with hand mixer.  With wooden spoon, fold in whipped topping. 

In 9x13 pan, place graham crackers in bottom to cover the entire bottom of the pan.  Pour half of the pudding mixture on top and spread evenly, being careful not to displace bottom layer of crackers.  Top with more crackers to cover completely.  Pour remaining pudding mix on top. Cover with final package of crackers.

At 50% power, place frosting in microwave (remove lid and foil) and cook for 1 minute 30 seconds.  Take out and stir.  It should be smooth and pourable.  If it is not, microwave at 15 second intervals until you reach desired consistency.  Pour over the final layer of crackers.  Refrigerate several hours for best results.

1 comment:

  1. This has been a fav in our family for years! Brynn calls it Choc-luck-luck! YUMMY!!! It's totally delish and easy to fix! Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Nothing would be more tiresome than eating and drinking if God had not made them a pleasure as well as a necessity.
-Voltaire

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Visitors