December 10, 2011

Buttermilk Garlic Chicken

Excuse the horrible picture, my good camera wasn't working (and even then, I'm not that great of a photographer anyway)...but trust me, this marinated chicken is full of flavor, and the leftovers are perfect for any chicken dish.

8 chicken breasts, thawed (or use 2.5 lbs. chicken pieces)
2 c. buttermilk
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 TBS. cumin
1 TBS. chili powder
1 tsp. ground coriander
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. black pepper
Mix buttermilk, garlic, and spices in a blender, blend until smooth.  Pour over chicken, and marinate 12-24 hours. Grill on medium-high heat about 5-6 minutes on each side, or until chicken is no longer pink in middle

2 comments:

  1. Heidi, Just wanted you to know I made this for dinner last night. I didn't have the bravery to grill in the cold so I just baked it in the oven. Anyway, everyone thought I was the best! So thanks, because really, you're the best. Hope all is well with you and those THREE beautiful children. Love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always looking for new chicken dishes and this one sounds really good. I'm glad to know it bakes well too.

    2 Kids and Tired Cooks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Nothing would be more tiresome than eating and drinking if God had not made them a pleasure as well as a necessity.
-Voltaire

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Visitors