May 2, 2010

Introducing Guest Chef Brook

Not only is this Southern Bell steaming hot in the kitchen (literally, she can pack some heat), she's also one of my dearest friends, someone that no matter how long I go in between talking to her, we can just pick back up right where we left off.  In fact- the first thing Brook and I ever did together was go out to eat at a little Cafe on Bardstown Road in Louisville, Kentucky - we chatted about life and we chatted about food!

On the kitchen side, I love Brook because she sends me recipes that she thinks I would like, and she has introduced me to some of the finest Southern cuisine out there.  Seriously, have you tried her mom's Mac 'n' Cheese?  The stuff is deadly.  And wickedly delicious.
Brook's highlighting five of her faves, and she has a GREAT camera, with a good eye for food photography (way better than mine).  I'll have a recipe of hers highlighted for the next five days, so check back!
Stay tuned for:
  • Quinoa Salad
  • Chicken Posole
  • Roasted Broccoli
  • Best Panckes Ever...Seriously
  • Frozen Coconut Lime Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Nothing would be more tiresome than eating and drinking if God had not made them a pleasure as well as a necessity.
-Voltaire

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Visitors