November 3, 2010

Homestyle Hashies

I love potatoes.  It's no secret that potatoes are the key to my heart.  Fry them, bake them, mash them.  You name it.  I'll basically love them unless they are raw.  Whenever we eat baked potatoes (which is fairly often) at our house, I always stick and extra potato or two in the oven to use for Homestyle Hashies the next morning.  Nothing screams breakfast to me without these pan-fried delicious hash browns.  Served with a little melted cheddar that has had time to crisp a little on the bottom of the pan?  Yes, please.  I'll have seconds.  My husband likes them with ketchup (no, thank you).
2 large leftover baked potatoes
2 TBS. vegetable oil
1 tsp. salt or season salt
1 tsp. all-purpose or Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. of cayenne (optional)
shredded cheddar (optional)

*Serves 4, but I could easily eat the whole pan myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Nothing would be more tiresome than eating and drinking if God had not made them a pleasure as well as a necessity.
-Voltaire

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Visitors